Friday, August 28, 2015

DIY fun

I mentioned earlier that I went yard sale-ing with a friend before moving.  Boy was that an experience! We were at our first yard sale by 6:00 am sharp.  We drove all over two towns looking for stuff.  I scored a couple Harry Potter movies, some frames, a mirror and some antique mason jars.  My best find, however, was this baby I got for $10!  The original plan was to use it for our TV stand so we could take back the one we bought and save that money.  However, we just couldn't part with that beautiful Target TV Stand.  So, now this is being used in our bedroom.  It's in the process of becoming our computer/printer workstation but for now is just housing our printer.

Although I didn't mind the stained finish, I wanted a little more color. The first step was sand.  Unfortunately I didn't get a picture after it had been sanded. #BloggingRookie
Below is the piece after the first coat of primer. For the primer I painted it on with a brush.  I did one coat, sanded some of the imperfections, and touched it up.



After the primer, I went to work painting. I used spray paint and did a million several thin coats, over a couple days.  It really took patience because I just wanted it done. Ta-da! I think it turned out pretty good.

I haven't decided exactly what I'm doing with it yet, but I'm thinking of getting some baskets for the top two openings and using it for some more storage in the bedroom because we're pretty short on that.


0 comments:

Post a Comment